Right now for a lovely post. My beautiful friend Lara over at “Adventures of a Mum” blog (http://adventuresofamum.wordpress.com/) has nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. Hooray! I had no idea what this meant but when I got the tweet I was SO over excited…being nominated for anything is BRILLIANT! Unless it was for moaniest blog.And I’d probably defo win that! But no….
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (on Google/Blogger/BlogLovin etc), to help boost their popularity and reputation….woohoo! I need all the help I can get!
There are a few rules to ensure it’s new blogs which are nominated, they are as follows:
* * * * * * *Link back to the blog which nominated youAnswer 11 questions from the person who nominated youDivulge 11 random facts about yourselfNominate 5 – 11 other new blogs (with less than 200 followers) and come up with 11 questions for them to answer!
Ok so first things first. Answering Lara’s 11 questions:
1. Where in the world is your favourite holiday destination? Of the places I’ve been, the place I loved the most was Hoi Ann in Vietnam. But I like to go to different places rather than one place repeatedly.
|In Hoi Ann|
2. What was your favourite subject at school? Art but I didn’t study it because I didn’t like our art dept.
3. What would be the first thing you did if you won the Lottery? Go on holiday! To India.
4. Who would you want to be marooned on a desert island with? My husband and children of course! Is that pathetic?!
5. What would be your ideal date night? Emlyn, shiraz, pizza, chocolate, dvd, doings.
6. Full English or Continental? Bit of both, I like Eggs, cheese, tomatoes and olives ideally. I am not being a ponce here tho, this was just a perfect combo I discovered from an all inclusive holiday in Cyprus!
7. What talent do you wish you had? To be able to act.
8. Which are your favourite pair of shoes? My battered fit flops in the summer and comfy boots in the winter.
|The Sardinian sea we snorkelled in everyday on honeymoon.|
|Gus around the time of "nummy"|
10. Summer or Winter? Normally summer but as I LOVE Christmas, it’s going to have to be Winter.
11. Who do you think is the most famous person in the world? This is an unusual question! I don’t know, it’s probably somebody rubbish like David Beckham!
* * * * * * *
My 11 Random Facts:
I’m a dragon in the Chinese Horoscope. Dragons are supposedly lucky (I think I am a lucky person), make great leaders (YES!) and are full of sh!t apparently. Er…..
I used to be obsessed with the Foo Fighters from the years 1995 – 2003. SO much so that in my head, I was married to Dave Grohl for all that time. Hence my email address.
I lived in Melbourne, Australia for a year.
I am great at doing regional accents but have no ability to act, rendering this the most pointless talent in the history of talents.
I’m quite a good swimmer despite being really fat.
I can sing (in tune).
I’ve got a degree in Fine Art and Art History but I work in Finance.
|Me in said outfit on my 18th, loving the attention!|
Eight years ago I was 8 stone lighter than I am today.
I used to have one of my nipple’s pierced. (is that TMI? I’m not very good at not sharing!)
I have a weird obsession with Flageolet beans, ever since I had them in a little steak house in France as a kid. I eat them cold from the tin.
* * * * * * *
And finally the next nominations: I have a slight problem here in that most of the blogs I follow are already fairly well established and have lots of followers, especially on Twitter. But there are 4 that I DO read regularly and enjoy, so I thought it would be ok to carry on the Liebster Nomination thingy because at least these guys will be getting the benefit of a nosy from some if not all of MY readers too (I hope the big Liebster boss of the interwebs come and shut me down now!!!!):
SO girls, your questions are below and congrats being great bloggers!
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. Do you ever get super paranoid and think no one will want to read it or are you a confident blogger?
3. Does your family read your blog and what do they think?
4. Do you know any of your fellow bloggers in person?
5. Were you in a clique at school? Either one that you were labelled with or one that you were proud of?
6. Who (if anyone!) wear’s the trousers in your house?
7. If you haven’t already, would you live abroad? Where? (is this 2 questions??? Count it as one!)
8. Who is your favourite author?
9. Are you a dog or a cat person?
10. Not including childbirth or kids at all, what’s been the best day of your life and why?
11. Who would play you in a film of your life?
Um, these are REALLY random! I just wrote them as I thought of them, which probably speaks volumes about my thought processes! Anyway enjoy answering them! I look forward to your responses!
xxxX Jess Xxxx