Hey you guys! I have been tagged not once but TWICE by the lush-a-licious Michelle at The Purple Pumpkin Blog and lush-a-licious Liz at Everything Is Rosy. Because they are as nosy as me....hoorah! Now this is a loooooooooooong post so grab a cuppa & yer phone charger and settle down.....1. What are you wearing? Me pj's.....a cardie and some thick socks. Sex on (chubby) legs.
2. Ever been in love?
Yes! I am lucky that I’ve been in love twice. My first was a university love, I spent my 20’s effectively single and then at 30 I met my husband, who I love to death!
|Our wedding day...in case you didn't guess, like.|
3. Ever had a terrible break-up?
Yep. With the guy I was at in uni. He broke my heart completely. My world fell apart and I was scarred by that probably for the next 6 years. He didn’t cheat; he fell out of love with me. And I don’t even blame him.... It was my first proper relationship, I was desperately unhappy after moving up to London from South Wales. I worked in the centre and I would leave the house at 6.30-7am and get back at 8pm. We were squashed into a tiny 3 bed with 4 other people; I was miles and miles from all my friends and family. I was so lonely I would buy wine on my one day off a week (when he was in work) and sit in our room and drink and cry. So I became a bitch. I was a horrible, bitter, spoilt bitch and he kicked me to the curb! I came back from work one night and there was a note on the bed...he’d left me. He was at his brother’s and I had to pack up and move. I had nowhere to go, I had to leave my job and move back to Wales. It made me grow up overnight! It was the biggest learning curve of my life. And I am glad it happened. Years of heartbreak but it taught me about myself and it made me stronger. And if it hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have my amazing husband and babies. No regrets. J
4. How tall are you? 5’5.5”! I used to say 5.6 but I’m not quite. I think I am shrinking too!
5. How much do you weigh? Ahem. WAY too much. I’m a size 20-22...that’s all I’m saying. (Although if you’re clever enough and really desperate to know....very early posts of this blog were weight loss themed and my starting weight is prob what I am now...)
6. Any Tattoos?
Nope. I used to REALLY want one but now I’ve gone right off them. For me! Like them on others! And I am SO glad I didn’t get one done cos I’d be really regretting it now. Even tho I said earlier no regrets.....er.... ;)
7. Any piercings?
Yes. When I was a kid, I wasn’t allowed to have my ears pierced. Even as a teenager! My mum
I went thru a bit of an early mid-life crisis... (I was only 28!) I had a nipple pierced ...one of the TWO just in case you thought anything weird was going on there... WOW that HURT! Then last year, for some unknown-even-to-me reason, I decided to get my ears done. And it turned out it was one week before I conceived Joni....I only knew this in retrospect obviously but I was keeping a note of the weeks to see when I could change the studs to something more chunky and fun...and soon those week markings became weeks that I was duffed up too! This was a very long answer to a simple question......
Oh but the irony is, my mum had HER ears pierced at the age of 50!!! Hypocrite!!! (Sorry mum! *waves*)
8. OTP (One True Pairing)?
OK this refers to Fandom and other geek shiz I know nothing about....but my interpretation of it would be in real life.... (i.e. my fav coupling) Liz Taylor and *swoon* Richard Burton. I’d die to meet either. I want to BE Elizabeth. Except maybe her weird friendship with Michael Jackson. And in fake life, Don and Betty Draper. I’m still hopeful.....
|SO much love.|
9. Favourite show?
Right now it’s Mad Men. I can’t get enough of it. But it changes all the time. I watch a whole range of stuff. Mainly tho, it’s either total crap, historical docos/dramas or satirical comedy.
10. Favourite bands?
I’ve been out of the “scene” for a good few years (#ponce) but I listen to 6music everyday to try and keep a hand in. At the moment I quite like Haim, Django Django and Metronomy but not enough to actually download their albums. Older stuff is more Indie and rock and 60’s/70’s. Probably my all time fav band would be Led Zep tho. And (embarrassingly) from 1996-2203 I was obsessed with the Foo Fighters. Hence my email address being Jess Grohl! I used to pretend I was married to Dave. #pathetic (btw can you even hashtag in your own blog???) (btw#2 my answers are waaaaay to long and you may have died of boredom by the end of this)
11. Something you miss?
Rather predictably this is someone who is dead....my nana. Everyday. We were v. Close.
12. Favourite song?
Changes allllllllll the time. I was fixated on a Drake song recently..... which was a bit wtf. Then I watched “Silver Linings Playbook” and it was all about Stevie Wonder’s “Don’t you worry bout a thing”.
13. How old are you? 38. Look! A short answer!
14. Zodiac sign? Taurus. Dragon in Chinese horoscope. Charismatic leader that’s full of shit.....that’s me!
15. Quality you look for in a partner? We have to be able to laugh together. Boring but essential. I am not interested in someone who can’t laugh.
16. Favourite quote? "Oh, Edmund, can it be true? that I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest green?"
Percy," Blackadder the Second."
17. Favourite Actor? Like Michelle...it used to be Johnny Depp. I used to feel sick with lust when I saw pics of him and I love almost everything he’s been in.... But now he’s gone a bit old and puffy. I do love a bit of Matt Damon too. But I’d always go back the Burton. That velvety rich Welsh voice....hmmmmmm
18. Favourite colour? Red.
19. Loud Music or soft? Come on....loud of course!!!!
20. Where do you go when you are sad? To my hubs. He’s makes everything alreet.
21. How long does it take you to shower? 5 mins.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Er....quite a while. I have to get my 7 month daughter fed, changed and ready for the childminder, 4 yr old fed, dressed and ready for school and me ready for work, with or without make-up/shower/breakfast....depending on how late we are running.... Pre-kids tho.....if I’d had a late one....I’d have a shower before bed and sometimes roll out of bed, fling on clothes, do teeth and be out the door in 10 minutes...just for as much time in bed as poss!
23. Ever been in a physical fight? Twice. Once with my brother....altho he didn’t actually hit me back, quite gallantly considering I’d hit him with a guitar. (alcohol was involved) and once when an old bezzie tried to punch me in a club...after I’d been winding her up aka being a bitch. Alcohol was also involved and by the time I’d got home (we lived in the same house share at the time) we were fine with each other! But I am way too much of a pussy to have a fight with a stranger, I’d have probably cried! Altho I used to mouth off at blokes ALL the time in my old drinking-in-the-pub days. I was only threatened with a punch from one of them once remarkably.
24. Turn on? This is weird, and I’m not just saying this to sound deliberately wacky and interesting....but I love the smell of garlic on other people’s breath. It actually properly makes me ....well, horny! I think it’s because I had (what I thought) was a super hot Greek boyfriend back in early days of uni and he always smelt of beer, camel cigarettes and garlic. Sounds revolting but it was so sexy. So I think that’s where it comes from.....
25. Turn off? No body hair. I like a man with chest rug. Chest rug plus is a bonus.
26. The reason I started blogging? I wanted something to help motivate me to stick to my diet (as I mentioned earlier). And it worked at the time. I lost a couple of stone. But then I got duffed up and changed it to “another” mummy blog. But I’m not so good at the mummy blogging...mainly cos I’m not so good at being a mummy!
27. Fears? That I’m an uber rubbish mum. Oh and that my children will grow up to be unhappy, drug addled lunatics. You know, the usual.
28. The last thing that made you cry? My own behaviour....lack of patience....
29. The last time you said you loved someone? God, dunno...I say it all the time. Ever since my nana died I’ve been paranoid that I may never have another opportunity to say it (even tho that wasn’t exactly the case with my nana). So I even say it to friend’s I love at the end of phone calls. And I’m not being flippant. I mean it.
30. Meaning behind your blog name? I met my hubs online on MySpace (we bonded over shared childhood memories of Christopher Lilicrap) and his online name was/is Emlyn K Helicopter. I didn’t change my name when we got married because I’m the only person I know who thinks it’s old fashioned and I don’t see the point. But because Helicopter is neither of our real names’, I am happy to adopt it. Plus it’s a funny name. So its cos this blog is a mixture of my large weight and my babies....
31. Last book you read? Snobs by Julian Fellows. Great.
32. The book you are currently reading? The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. It’s literally un-put-downable.
33. Last show you watched? *shame face* The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
34. Last person you talked to? My hubster, sat opposite on his lap top. We’re such losers.
35. The relationship between you and the last person you texted? My Aunty Kimmy....who’s too young to be my Aunty really and it annoys her that I call her Aunty. Hee hee!
36. Favourite food? *stares menacingly at slimfast shake* ANYTHING SOLID! (but really, CHEESE)
37. Place you want to visit? China. Did some travelling back in the day (i.e. pre-kids, and pre-marriage) and went to SE Asia but would LOVE to see China. And I mean like a grand tour where I see all different aspects. I had an obsession with it years ago and read novels set there, written there, about Chinese immigrants, everything and watched Chinese films.....even weird obscure ones I found on t’interwebs. I am a bit obsessive about stuff.....
38. The last place you were? What does this mean?! Like, the toilet or my garden or something?! If it means the last place I went abroad then it was our honeymoon in Sardinia 5 years ago.
|As you can see, not beached....|
39. Do you have a crush? Wouldn’t it be a bit weird if I said, yeah actually there’s this guy..... oops, hi Emlyn!!!!??? I have a crush on him still. Luckily.
40. Last time you kissed someone? Gus. Not in that way....don’t be gross. A goodnight kiss.
41. Last time you were insulted? Ah probably one of my brothers, Matt, mucking around. Can’t remember.
42. Favourite flavour of sweet? Not a sweet fan. Um, so not sure really. Oh I like Palma Violets.
43. What instruments do you play? I can strum a geeeeeeetar. I used to hide behind it to sing and (excruciatingly) I used to force my friends to listen to my warbling as if I was the next Joni Mitchell. *shudders*
|This photo is black and white cos my friend was doing photography. not because it actually WAS the 60s!|
44. Favourite piece of jewellery? Cheese-aroonie but it’s my engagement ring. It was my nana’s and being the little charmer I was as a kid, I used to say to her: Nana, when you die can I have you ring please?! So on her death bed she remembered and gave it to me. Heartbreak city!!!! :’(
45. Last sport you played? Get off. I don’t DO sport.
46. Last song you sung? Dream a Little Dream of Me to my bubba Joni.
47. Favourite chat up line? None, I hate them.
48. Have you ever used it? n/a
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? Hung out with my pal Spooks (Sally) and her girls on sat avo when Emlyn and Gus were away. Girls day!
50. Who should answer the questions next? These lovely ladies are tagged, not sure it’s your cup of tea (or rather in keeping with your blogs) but I am mega nosy and I want to know more about you....PLEASE do it!!!
Steph at Sisterhood & All That;
Sam at Up All Hours;
Cas (pronouced Casssss if you must know!) at Mummy Never Sleeps;
Jess at Put Up With Rain.
Do it Do it Do it!!!!!